What information does CI collect? When you subscribe to be a member of CI or choose to use the CI Forum, our process asks you to provide us with a limited amount of business-related information. This information is necessary in order for us to understand our client (or potential) client base and in order for us to use our web site and certain functions such as the Forum for its intended purpose. Categories of identifiable information include: name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and other relevant business information. Additionally, our web server automatically collects click-stream information such as the address (or "URL") of the web site that you came from before visiting our site, which pages you visit on our site, which browser you used to view our site and any search terms you have entered on our site.
How is the information used? You may choose to supply information that will enable you to receive individualized client service that we cannot offer anonymous users. That client service may include notices about updates to our web site, e-mail reminders, communicating with CI bankers, content from CI’s publication library, and use of the Forum. We may also use the information that you provide in order to respond to your requests, customize your online experience, administer promotions, offer new products and services, and measure and improve the effectiveness of our web sites or our marketing endeavors.
Does CI share the information I've provided? We will not intentionally release your particular information other than to you, CI and its subsidiaries, our agents (such as service fulfillment parties, if any) your authorized representative, or your other authorized professional. We may forward your information to another party or parties at your written direction to do so.
- Agents: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. These functions may include, but are not limited to, hosting of this website or certain parts thereof including the Forum and sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from client lists, analyzing data, or processing credit card payments. They have access to information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: We may send offers to selected groups of clients on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please notify us.
Disclosures: If required by federal, state and/or local law (or any order with the effect thereof), we will disclose information which may relate to you.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, client information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that CI or substantially all of its assets are acquired, client information will of course be one of the transferred assets to the extent permissible under law.
Do I have choices regarding how my information is used?
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of certain or all web site features.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail from us or to add or update certain information, you can contact us at email@example.com or call our Client Service Representative at 1-480-471-8760.
Any other communications should also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to our Client Service Representatives, at 1-480-471-8760.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, you will not be able to use some important features.
What about cookies? "Cookies" are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser. Cookies let us "remember" information about your preferences and passwords and allow you to move within our web sites without reintroducing yourself. We use cookie and may use web beacon technology to track which pages on our sites our visitors view and which web browsers our visitors use. Cookies allow us to record session information. They record user-specific information on what pages client’s access or visit, record past activity at a site in order to provide better service when clients return to our site, and customize web page content on clients' browser type or other information that the client sends.
Cookies do not enable us to determine the identity of any visitor to our web site. We cannot identify you unless you specifically tell us who you are.
Most Internet browsers permit you to erase or block cookies. Refer to your browser instructions or help screens to assist you in these processes: preventing your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that cookies permit you to take full advantage of this website's features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Third Party Service Providers:
- Our web site may use a third-party service provider to serve images. This service allows us to improve your overall r experience.
- We may contract with a service partner, to provide us with a data collection and reporting service to measure the effectiveness of promotions and e-mails as well as perform analysis of our client' activities on capitalinsightllc.com.
We may use this information to improve your experience on capitalinsightllc.com by ensuring that related products, promotions and services are easily accessible.
No personally identifiable information, such as your name, street address, e-mail address, etc., is shared with any such service partner. Any service partner is (or will be) contractually prohibited from using the information obtained in the course of providing these services to capitalinsightllc.com in any manner other than to help us provide the best possible experience on our site.
How secure is the information I provided? CI is committed to securing your information. We use technology that is designed for use with secure web servers. You maintain the security of your information by keeping your user name, password and other personal information confidential.
If we agree to accept a credit card for payment of products or services, we will, of course, transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Information You Give Us and Your Consent By visiting our web site and using the services and features that we have made available, you consent to our collection and use of information in the manner we have described for you in the "How is the information used?" section above. You also consent to the terms and conditions that we have posted on our web site.
Links to Other Sites We may provide links to other sites that we believe offer our customers useful services. Since these other sites are not under the control of CI, we cannot and do not make any representation or guarantee regarding the linked sites or their content. Our providing these links does not constitute an endorsement by CI, and we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or security procedures of the linked sites. Therefore, you may want to review a linked site's privacy and security policies before entering any information.
Credit Card Fraud
Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, you cannot be held liable for more than $50.00 of fraudulent charges. If your credit card provider requires payment of any of this $50.00 amount as a result of a purchase made at our web site's secure server, we will reimburse you up to that $50.00 limit.
Whom can I contact if I have questions or concerns?
Effective Date: 03/01/2010